LOWELL, Mass., 02 Oct, 2018
Kronos Incorporated has again been named one of the Best Workplaces in Technology in Canada by Great Place to Work. This award comes months after Great Place to Work Canada ranked Kronos in the top 25 overall for Canadian workplaces, a Best Workplace for Women for the fourth-consecutive year, and a Best Workplace for Inclusion.
- For the Best Workplaces in Technology list, Kronos was specifically recognized by Great Place to Work for several perks and employee benefit programs such as:
- “myTime” open paid time off – the company’s open paid time off benefit allows Kronites to rest, recharge, and pursue their personal aspirations. The successful rollout of myTime was featured in Harvard Business Review in an article by Kronos CEO Aron Ain.
- Top-Up program – a salary supplement program in Canada awarding 100 percent of an employee’s salary when they go on leave (e.g. maternity leave, paternity leave, adoption, and short-term disability) to alleviate financial burden while Kronites focus on their family or health.
- Childcare Financial Assistance Program – allowing employees to request reimbursement for expenses associated with childcare, enabling Kronites to focus on the needs of their family and balance work obligations.
- To be eligible for the 2018 list of Canada’s Best Workplaces in Technology, organizations must be Great Place to Work Certified™ in the past year, have a minimum of 15 employees, and work primarily in the technology sector. Great Place to Work® determined the best technology employers based on employee responses to Trust Index statements combined with a detailed Culture Audit of the companies’ perks, benefits, and culture programs.
- Kronos has also been named a Best Workplace in Technology in the U.S. by Fortune magazine as a well as a Best Workplace for Millennials, a Best Workplace for Giving Back, and one of the “Best 100 Companies to Work For®.” Globally, Kronos has been recognized for its WorkInspired corporate culture in nearly every country where the company has a significant presence, including Australia, China, India, and the United Kingdom.
- The Kronos award-winning WorkInspired culture places a strong focus on the key elements integral to a Great Place to Work listing – credibility, respect, fairness, pride, and camaraderie – and emphasizes the belief that “everyone deserves a great manager.” This mantra is embodied by CEO Aron Ain, who is a three-time winner of Glassdoor’s Top CEOs honor and author of “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work,” available in October and published by McGraw-Hill.
- Kronos employs nearly 5,600 people worldwide, including nearly 350 Kronites in Canada. The company continues to grow in Canada – with current openings in various roles including engineering, IT, and professional services – and hundreds of current job openings across the world.
- Spiros Paleologos, vice president and general manager, Canada, Kronos
“At large, Kronos Canada had a wonderful year, not just in the key innovations developed in Canada for the Kronos product suites but across the entire business – from engineering, to sales, to services, and customer enablement. This year’s Great Place to Work recognition solidifies the hard work, dedication, and values that each Kronite across the globe possesses. To see us being recognized for unique benefit programs such as myTime, Childcare Financial Assistance, and others underscores that we’re doing right by our employees. And in-turn, Canadian Kronites prove that they work and live inspired while delivering great products and great services to our customers.”
- Robert Boissé, vice president, engineering, Kronos
“I believe with all my heart that our Canadian Centers of Engineering Excellence in Montreal and Kelowna continue to be the best-kept secrets in the world of software development. Our collective teams were instrumental in the continued success of Workforce Central as well as the groundbreaking launch of Workforce Dimensions, including working closely with our early adopters on the first go-lives, as well as Kronos’ overall UX design strategy and other key product applications across product suites. It gives me great pride to be part of an organization that cares and provides for its people – and these external awards give credence to what we already know: Kronos Canada is truly a great place to work and I’m honored to work alongside this inspirational team who embodies our dynamic and innovative culture every day.”
- See the Kronos write-up about its Best Workplace in Technology ranking.
- Read more about Kronos CEO Aron Ain’s book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work,” available for pre-order today.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings in Canada.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Visit the Kronos Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) page to learn how we strive to be great people every day.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work Place to Work® (GPTW) is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, GPTW recognizes the world's Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by Fortune magazine (USA) and The Globe & Mail (Canada). Great Place to Work® provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. www.greatplacetowork.ca and @GPTW_Canada
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.