LAS VEGAS, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Annual Conference & Expo, 05 Mar, 2018
Guided by a vision to create a world-class healthcare experience within a smart hospital setting, Mackenzie Health selected Workforce Dimensions, the revolutionary new solution from Kronos Incorporated that helps transform the workforce management process. Powered by the Kronos D5 platform, Workforce Dimensions is an entirely new category of workforce management solutions that is autonomous, intelligent, and proactive.
- Mackenzie Health will use Workforce Dimensions for more than 2,900 healthcare professionals at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, as well as through its network of community-based services.
- Workforce Dimensions aligns with Mackenzie Health’s smart hospital vision, an environment where cloud computing combined with machine learning and artificial intelligence can provide insight and analysis across the entire health system at an optimized cost. Workforce Dimensions transforms workforce management, empowering employees with first-to-market tools, further strengthening Mackenzie Health’s brand as an employer of choice.
- The embedded machine learning in Workforce Dimensions can detect patterns among heaps of data to help Mackenzie Health’s staff make informed decisions about staffing levels and work schedules. This will boost employee engagement as the staff will have greater flexibility and control over their work requirements.
- Collaborative self-scheduling tools will allow employees to select their preferred schedules and make it easier to swap shifts and request time off, offering a more engaging experience that simplifies work-life balance. Part-time nurses, for example, who are available and eligible for only specific slots, will be automatically presented with shifts that match their availability as well as skill sets and credentials.
- Workforce Dimensions will also allow employees and managers to access information on the device of their choice, providing the same engaging user experience across phones, tablets, and desktops.
- The predictive capabilities of the solution will help Mackenzie Health prevent problems pertaining to last-minute shift changes or vacancies in staffing. A digital personal consultant for managers, Workforce Advisor, which automates time-consuming and repetitive requests, unburdens managers from routine administrative tasks and helps them preempt any challenging staffing-related situations. This feature will allow Mackenzie Health’s managers to focus even more on patient-care functions.
- With proactive compliance, Workforce Dimensions will help Mackenzie Health manage a complex and diverse set of union rules and other regulations, alerting managers to any potential risks while there is still time to take preventative actions.
- Workforce Dimensions will also enhance Mackenzie Health’s ability to scale as the organization grows in preparation for the opening of its Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, which will add up to 2,000 new employees.
- Richard Tam, executive vice president and chief administrative officer, Mackenzie Health
“True innovation in healthcare requires collaboration between industry inventors and healthcare innovators and, for this reason, Kronos is not just a vendor but a strategic partner for us. At Mackenzie Health, we are committed to fostering partnerships with innovative organizations such as Kronos to provide the best possible patient care. With Workforce Dimensions, we expect to achieve many benefits from reducing operating cost to engaging employees, and subsequently delivering world-class patient care. Ultimately, this will help us become an employer of choice for top talent as well as a healthcare provider of choice for our patients.”
- Mark Smith, CEO and chief research officer, Ventana Research
“Kronos has introduced a comprehensive, cloud- and mobile- based workforce management solution for the broader needs of today’s workforce with Workforce Dimensions. How Mackenzie Health plans to use Workforce Dimensions to benefit the employee, the manager, and overall its smart hospital vision is an indicator that Workforce Dimensions is built for managing the workforce in the era of digital transformation.”
- Susan Reese, DNP, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, director, healthcare practice group, Kronos
“With its focus on transformation and disruption, Mackenzie Health is on the leading edge of innovation in healthcare. At Kronos, we are excited to have a pioneering healthcare organization select the game-changing Workforce Dimensions as a strategic solution suited for a smart hospital, offering unparalleled means of employee engagement powered by machine learning and AI. We look forward to helping Makenzie Health achieve its growth and innovation efforts.”
- Kronos made this announcement from the HIMSS Annual Convention & Expo being held in Las Vegas from March 5-9. Kronos is exhibiting in booth #2849.
- About Mackenzie Health. Connect with Mackenzie Health via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional healthcare provider which includes the existing Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, as well as a comprehensive network of community-based services. In March 2017, the organization received its second consecutive award of Accreditation with Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada for its commitment to safety and quality patient care. This is the highest rating a Canadian healthcare provider can receive. Guided by a vision to create a world-class health experience, Mackenzie Health has an unrelenting focus on the patient and is dedicated to patient needs now and in the future. With over 500,000 residents in Southwest York Region, Mackenzie Health is proud to serve one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2018 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.