AgeCare, which runs 11 aging-in-place communities across Canada, had been using a mix of automated scheduling systems and spreadsheets to track employee shifts, hours, and rotations. Being a 24/7 business, the workload of trying to accurately capture employees' time and manually tally and upload the data into the payroll system inevitably resulted in numerous payroll errors each pay period and continued to affect the employees' confidence in their paycheque. Significant time was also spent issuing manual paycheques.
What AgeCare needed was a solution that could:
- Ensure pay practices and standards are uniformly applied across the organization to ensure fair and equitable rules for all
- Eliminate timekeeping errors to ensure employees are paid correctly and for actual time worked
- Deliver mobile functionality to empower staff members to manage their shift availability, view schedules, and submit time-off requests
- Provide supervisors with access to real-time and trend-analysis reporting to view the utilization of the workforce and the correlation to resident quality care
- Align with lean/Six Sigma methodology to automate work functions
"Kronos is powerful software that helps us understand staffing assignments, allocation of staff, and how to drive our quality agenda in terms of service delivery. Using Kronos in conjunction with our PointClickCare® software, which provides the profile of our residents and their needs, creates the synergy between aligning staff assignments and residents based on their needs."
Chief Human Resources Officer
Leveraging a Kronos® cloud-based workforce management solution, AgeCare is improving productivity, better managing labour costs, increasing employee engagement, and minimizing compliance risk.
- Track and manage employee time and attendance to reduce payroll and leave inflation and manual errors
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labour costs
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements
- Create schedules that comply with staffing requirements, collective agreements, and labour law regulations
- Optimize schedules by aligning the right employees with the right skills at the right locations and times
- Increase employee engagement through more control of their schedules, including self-service tools for filling open shifts and swapping shifts
- Achieve the visibility and mobile capability the workforce needs to check schedules and submit and respond to time-off requests at any time and location
- Engage workers through easy access to their workforce information from anywhere
AgeCare now has a solid and credible foundation for the management and administration of scheduling, time capture, and processing of pay. By addressing rudimentary pay and scheduling issues, AgeCare can refocus and optimize the organization's resources to address more complex issues that detract from meeting the organization's goals, such as creating a performance-based culture focusing on workforce quality improvement initiatives that enhance the resident and family experience. Success for AgeCare is about empowering staff members to focus on and take pride in the service they provide and to not worry about having a timely and accurate paycheque.