A member-owned and operated financial cooperative, East Texas Professional Credit Union (ETPCU) serves 15 East Texas counties. ETPCU places a premium on members’ branch service experience but faced challenges in providing excellent service when using a paper sign-in sheet for members waiting for assistance. The credit union found it difficult to quickly track member wait times, and occasionally a member got lost in the shuffle and waited longer than usual for service.
What East Texas Professional Credit Union needed was a solution that could:
- Enable members to sign in electronically at a branch when needing to see a service representative
- Notify key branch staff when a credit union member had been waiting longer than usual to see a representative
- Track and report on member wait times and sales-per-member metrics
- Provide employee performance data, such as the number of members seen per day and sales per member
“With the Kronos FMSI solution we’re able to electronically track all lobby interactions, which ensures our members are taken care of in the right way and in a timely manner.”
SVP of Operations
Eager to ensure an excellent member experience, ETPCU implemented the Kronos FMSI Lobby Tracker™ solution to help the credit union track member wait times, alert managers about wait-time issues, and access detailed performance management information.
Kronos FMSI Lobby Tracker
- Manage account holder sign-ins and total wait times on a computer, tablet, or kiosk
- Enable account holders to check lobby wait times on their financial institution’s website or mobile app
- Alert critical staff members when member wait time thresholds are not being met
- Provide ongoing coaching and communication with employees through detailed reports
Tracking, measuring, and managing employee performance with the solution’s detailed reporting has helped ETPCU significantly improve its branch sales and service. Using the electronic member tracking system and performance management information, ETPCU saw a 16.5 percent increase in sales over two years, while decreasing average member assist-times by more than five minutes. The number of members each service representative is seeing daily has increased by 31 percent, increasing opportunities for cross-selling services to account holders. Performance metrics on average assist-time and sales-per-members-seen make it easier to determine which employees could benefit from additional training to ensure all staff is performing consistently at a high level.