As a leading innovator in the packaging industry, Plastipak Packaging, Inc. needed a workforce management solution that could manage a broad range of employee data from more than 27 sites in the United States, South America, and Europe. Increased visibility would help them perform key tasks — including planning for overtime and managing employee attendance data — to deliver an efficient and accurate picture of available data.
What Plastipak needed was a solution that could:
- Deliver real-time employee data they could leverage to improve operations
- Accurately schedule thousands of employees across multiple locations
- Integrate time and attendance to gain better insights into overtime and save labor costs
"Using Kronos analytics reporting, we can compare staffing levels to how the machines are running, to understand if staffing is adequate and why we had more hours on a particular shift versus the norm."
Director of IT Global Functional Development
Kronos Services helped Workforce Analytics quickly become operational for insight on how to increase workforce productivity and better control labor costs.
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements such as FLSA, ACA, and union rules
- Measure and analyze workforce performance to gain continuous visibility
- Track key performance indicators that impact your labor costs and productivity
Workforce Absence Manager
- Identify workers with attendance issues to improve workforce productivity
- Gain visibility into trends and patterns with on-demand reporting to control absence costs
- Get complete automation and enforcement of absence-related policies
With the assistance of the Kronos Services team, Plastipak streamlined solution training time for each plant's HR manager and gave shop floor supervisors fast access to numerous standard and custom analytics reports. Having greater visibility into the connections between staffing and the production schedule gave the company better control of its workforce and overtime. And with better control over its workforce, Plastipak was able to increase workforce management and production efficiencies, leading to a tremendous increase in productivity.